To ensure the health & safety of the public and our employees, we will be following the recommendation of our state officials and the CDC
The courthouse has restricted public access
Probate Court and the Registry of Deeds have drop boxes located in the lobby.
Paperwork for the District Attoney’s Office must be mailed to:
159 E. Main St., Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426
You can also call or email each department
The Peaks House
Will be closed to the public until further notice
If you need to contact the County Manager or Finance Department Please call or email us:
Main phone number: (207) 564-6500
If you need to contact the Piscataquis County Emergency Management Agency office please call or email us:
Main phone number: (207) 564-8660
Cell #: (207) 343-0341
Cell #: (207) 270-0147
Welcome to our County
Our county is the size of the State of Connecticut, and is located in central Maine. We have a population of just over 17,000 people and with our miles and miles of forested land with a population of less than six inhabitants per square mile, we are still considered a "frontier county." Natural resources are an important part of our heritage, both for work and for play.
Welcome to this haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking or a quiet weekend at a summer cottage can all be enjoyed here. Read a book by the fire this winter, or bundle up and hit our miles of snowmobile and cross country ski trails. Pull big fish up through auger holes and take plenty of pictures for the folks back home!!
We are very proud of our region, and love to share Maine’s great outdoors where eagles still fly and deer graze the fields. After admiring the local flora and fauna, be sure to come into town for dinner, shopping and a show.
Piscataquis County Holidays for 2020
• Wednesday, January 1 - New Year’s Day
• Monday, January 20 - Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
• Monday, February 17 - Washington’s Birthday
• Monday, April 20 – Patriot Day
• Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day
• Friday, July 3 - Independence Day
• Monday, September 7 - Labor Day
• Monday, October 12 - Columbus Day
• Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day
• Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
• Friday, November 27 – Day after Thanksgiving
• Friday, December 25 - Christmas Day