Rules for Visiting an Inmate
Visiting rules have been developed to specify required conduct of inmates and visitors. Rules are an important means of maintaining facility security and order. All inmates must be familiar with all rules.
- Visits are held at the Piscataquis County Jail to allow family members and friends an opportunity to visit. Visiting hours are as follows:
Tuesday 1900-2000 hours
Wednesday 1900-2000 hours
Saturday 1400-1500 hours
Sunday 1330-1530 hours (reserved for inmates boarded at our Jail by other counties and/or Federal Prisoners)
- Visits are restricted to two (2) family members or friends at any given time. Visits will be a minimum of sixty (60) minutes unless visiting is terminated by reason of unruly behavior by inmate or visitors. Children under eighteen (18) years of age are counted as a visitor for scheduling purposes and must behave in an appropriate manner or visits will be terminated if unruly behavior disrupts other inmates and their visitors.
- All visitors will be required to register with the on-duty corrections officer in the jail lobby and show identification when request. All visitors are required to place their personal belongings, including ladies’ pocketbooks, in a keyed locker located in the jail lobby. Visitors may be subjected to a pat search by jail personnel.
- Any visitor who brings, or attempts to bring, any item of contraband into the jail will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Visitors who are intoxicated or there is reasonable belief that the visitor poses a threat to the safety of jail faculty will be asked to leave the premises.
- In the even an inmate leaves the Contact Visiting Room prior to the end of a scheduled visiting time, he/she will not be allowed to return to the visiting room and the visit will be immediately terminated. A visitor also cannot leave the visiting room during the scheduled visiting hours and re-enter the visiting room.
- Visitors should telephone the Piscataquis County Jail at (207) 564-6505 and request a scheduled visit. These requests should be called in on Mondays or Tuesdays between the hours of 8am and 11am.
- Inmates and visitors will conduct themselves appropriately at all times. It is important that inmates respect the rights of fellow inmates and visitors to visit without incident. When an inmate or visitor does not conduct himself/herself properly, the Supervising Officer will discontinue the visit, ask the visitor to leave, and return the inmate to his/her housing area.
- Inmates WILL sit facing his/her visitors with feet firmly on the floor. Inmates and visitors may hold hands, with NO prolonged kissing or hugging. And NO foul language.
- All visitors will leave the visiting area when told to do so by the supervising officer.
- All visitor will leave the Jail through the Jail lobby door.
- Special visits may be approved by the Jail Administrator or the Shift Supervisor on duty.
- Professional visits (attorneys, clergy, etc.) may visit at any reasonable time with the approval of the Shift Supervisor on duty.